Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting over...sort of

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Nelson Mandela


It's time for starting over. Not that I ever gave up the frugal fascination or that I haven't been following my frugal guidelines but I have been doing it losely. It's time to straighten up and fly right.

 I don't really know what happened. I was quite proud of my frugal achievements and still am. I have managed to cut my grocery bill by at least a half and I make 99 % of our evening meals. I use generic ingredients and cheap cuts of meat. I take my lunch to work 50 % of the time and I hardly ever buy take out coffee. I haven't bought a magazine in well over a year and my only "new" books this year were purchased by my husband and given to me for Christmas. I have coloured my own hair and not visited a salon, and I have only just shopped for new clothes because I can't fit into my pre-pregnancy outfits (and I had a voucher for Christmas which covered all of my purchases). I don't waste food - EVER. I have had two garage sales in the past six months and whatever I haven't sold has gone on on-line trading or on freecyle.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Japanese Proverb


When I look at the tasks above, I haven't failed at all. The only thing I failed to do was record it on this blog! However, I still need to record my expenses, cut my gift spending and work out where I can be making further cuts. And I do enjoy recording it on this blog. So I will continue.

And I need to be especially frugal now. Especially with our second beautiful baby arriving in May.
I hope you'll join me on my journey....again. Sort of.....



I still looooove this blog and froogs never fails to inspire me...check it out.
http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.com.au/


Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment